Saturday, November 8, 2014

Studio Pink fun and fabulous



I'm making myself crazy with ideas, too many ideas and not enough finished projects. It's birthday parties, holiday decorating, party planning, stocking the shop and the fact that I haven't even given Christmas shopping a single thought. Don't get me wrong I adore the holidays. The decorating the shopping all of it. I just wish I had the time and the focus to keep up with it all. 
 I think my biggest problem is that I lack the focus to follow through. I have so many ideas and several projects started but not much completed. Sure my studio is picked up and everything stowed away but nothing is completed. I promised myself this would be the week that I would buckle down and get serious, really serious. But then I remembered the big Mad Hatter Tea party I'm throwing in January and spent the day pinning  ideas on Pinterest. Ahh, Pinterest, love, love. We'll the girls and I did manage to cross one little project off the list. We colored several tiny bottle brush trees the most delicious shades of shabby chic. 



It was so easy. A little Martha Stewart paint and glitter did the trick. The girls had a great time painting and sprinkling glitter everywhere. I think clean up time took more time than it did to make the tiny trees fabulously shabby. Did I say there was glitter? My house may not be clean but it certainly sparkles!


We did manage to sit a spell and sip some tea while enjoying a brisk afternoon in the fall leaves. Did I say brisk? It was down right chilly. I think fall is almost spent. I'm definitely not ready for winter but then maybe it will motivate me to get things done and spend a little less time playing in the leaves. 
Maybe but not likely. 



3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous wall colour! It makes me think of the iconic pink bathrooms of the mid-twentieth century. I'm a huge fan of colourful walls and indeed our master bedroom is a rich, elegant shade of burgundy called radicchio, like the lettuce.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessica I love it. The color is coral pink and yes it reminds me of a vintage room. I love the color and the lettuce. I ate it for dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes there is always so much to do and not enough time to do it all. I was thinking that your tea party outside was way more fun anyway. Hope you have a lovely Sunday. I am following your blog now. Looking forward to your adventures.

    xo Danielle

    ReplyDelete