Monday, March 16, 2015

Feeling like Spring

Did a little spring cleaning and redecorating this weekend. 


I can feel the tickle of spring as the warm sun fills the spaces inside my home. It's just a faint whisper but can definitely be heard. I need warm sun and green shoots. I need blue skies with chirping birds overhead. I need spring!



Spring brings promise of sunshine and blooming plants and it also brings opportunity to hunt for tattered treasures that beg for a breath of new life. Estate sale listings are beginning to hit my inbox.  I'm on the prowl for something with good bones or sexy legs to refinish.  
Something like this,,,,



Definitely this,,,



Or maybe this,,,,



I'm ready to work my magic with a few coats of chalk paint and a little bit of elbow grease. It's not always easy to find the right piece. I love the hunt almost as much as the repurpose. I'm looking forward to the next few Friday's scouting the tag sales. 
Happy hunting!!!
Kelly

9 comments:

  1. I do think the hunt is a huge part of the fun of it all! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Diana. I'm always game for a good treasure hunt.

      Delete
  2. That turquoise table with the pink roses is just what I've been looking for too. Your home looks lovely. I noticed that you like eclectic, which I also like.

    Thanks for visiting today.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love eclectic, maybe a little too much. Ha ha
      Thank you so much for dropping by
      Kelly

      Delete
  3. Thank you for following us, and I just followed you through e-mail. Do you have google friend connect on your side bar because it's not showing up? Let me know, and I'll be sure to follow you on that also.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheri
      Thank you for mentioning that. My computer crashed and I'm operating by mobile devices only. I have a hard time updating my template with the iPad. I'll give it another try. Lol

      Delete
  4. sheri,
    Well it worked except it made a big ugly button at the top of my page. Lol I'll have to see if I can move it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, I don't have google +, just google friend connect, so sorry. But I will stop by and say often hello because your blog is so charming to me. :~)

      Delete
    2. Sheri,
      You are so sweet
      Lol sorry I misunderstood. I'll have to check out friend connect. I will stop by later today to see what you're up to.

      Delete