Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Velvet crush

There is nothing like vintage velvet. The lush softness and  the yummy patina make me crazy. I fell in love with this vintage sofa from the moment I walked inside the door of a local estate sale. I pushed my way thru the door and flung my body over it. I was prepared to fight for this piece. Well it never came to this, as it turned out everyone else was more concerned with the Hummel collection and could have cared less about my beautiful sofa. Yes you heard my sofa ...it's all mine!
My love for velvet has inspired me to start a velvet crush board on pinterest.  I have decided to open this board up to friends, acquaintances or just about  anyone else who loves velvet as much as I do. Follow me on pinterest and I'll add you as a pinner. You can find me on pinterest as kelly Ruehle. www.Pinterest.com/kellyruehle/

I can't wait to see all your beautiful pins and share my love of velvet with you. See you on Pinterest!


2 comments:

  1. Goodness, that is one immensely lovely vintage velvet sofa. I would have made a hasty beeline for it as well. Congratulations on finding this timeless furniture gem. I hope you two enjoy many fabulous years together.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, give me a Minute... I'm having a Velvet Moment! *winks* Good thing we weren't both at the same Estate Sale throwing ourselves at it in a dogpile of Velvet Infatuation! It is in the most Amazing Condition so clearly well cared for and Loved by it's previous owner as well. I will definitely have to head over to the Velvet Boards on Pinterest now to get my fix and overdose on Velvet Imagery! Thanks for coming by for a Blog Visit... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete