Monday, January 5, 2015

Inspire me if you dare!


The light, the yummy colors,  the earthy feel and pure organic vibe of this room makes my heart skip a beat or two! I came across this inspirational image on Pinterest (http://johanna-vintage.blogspot.nl/) and fell instantly in love. It got me thinking... if only I had a room like this. I would create, write, and  get lost in a daydream or simply just be. Inspiration and ideas would flow onto the page, the canvas, the room. This space is so raw and inviting. I could definitely spend some here. 
I pinned it, downloaded it and then shared my enthusiasm for this lovely space with my husband. He wrinkled his nose and said "huh, why?") at first I felt crushed and a little hurt but that got me thinking, why do I feel such a visceral connection to this image. After a few moments I realized that this room reminded me of the basement of my grandparents dilapidated barn. I spent hours collecting rusty old implements, making vignettes with an urban loft kind of feel ( this was way before anyone would have dreamed of living in that kind of space) running up and down the crumbling brick steps and sitting against the moss covered stone walls to eat my lunch. It was raw, magical and my secret place.
Do you have a magical space that begs your creative self to come out to play?

Hugs,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment